Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Outdoors


With a bout a nice weather in the area I am itching to get outside. Some of the guys will be salmon fishing on the river this weekend and I hope to catch up with them at some point. I also recently saw an article about crawfish trapping on the Snake River and was intrigued. All you need is a steel trap, some bait and a long soak. This is as close as I'm going to come to Deadliest Catch!


There are quite a few places that sell the traps including Cabela's. With a trap full of crawfish all you need to do is wash them, boil, and enjoy your mountain Lobster. If I don't make it out this weekend Good luck on the river to Matt, Tex, and Logan. Send pictures and I'll post them.

Cabela's Link: http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0002258014322a.shtml
Idaho Rod & Reel: http://www.idfishnhunt.com/crawfish.htm

2 comments:

  1. You should try trapping them out at one of the resevoirs near your house. Then you can give Sadie that expensive dinner she has been asking for.

    ReplyDelete